Thursday, August 03, 2006

Engagement!

Here is a picture of us the day we got engaged. Vicente was very cute about it, not to mention nervous…. KEE HEE!
The morning of September 10 I received a text message that told me to look out my window. I looked out the window and saw nothing, so I wrote him back and asked what I should be looking for. He assured me that if I looked I would see, I assured him there was nothing out of the ordinary. So, he asked me to go outside and look around, and I did notice a letter put on my roommates window… OOPS!
I pulled off the letter and it was the beginning step of my all-day scavenger hunt. Throughout the day he sent me to a variety of places with a little something and always a clue of where and when to go next. By the end of the day, we met up and headed off to SLC to eat dinner at a very nice restaurant. I knew that he was going to propose, but he really thought I had no idea. He is normally a very calm person and he was very nervous and anxious about the traffic on our way up to eat, and I just giggled inside. As we were eating, Vicente just stabbed at his food looking at me with huge eyes. I asked him if he was ok, and he just responded (with his huge eyes) saying, "of course, why are you asking?". I just said ok, if you say so.
After that we went to see a movie, which actually did throw me off a bit because it wasn’t something I thought we would do the night we got engaged. But, it all made sense when towards the middle of the movie he left “to go to the bathroom” and didn’t return for nearly half the movie. I knew he was out there setting something up. He came back all hot and I could tell he had been running. I asked him if he was ok, and he was like "oh yea, of course". So we finished the movie and he said, “let’s go to our spot” ( a park by the temple), I started to play with him a little bit and said, “let’s go somewhere new tonight.” I will never forget his reply, “please….it will affect generations!” How cute is that? So we went there and I was just so excited and I actually was hallucinating because I could have sworn that I saw the ring box in his pocket. Later on to find out it wasn’t even there.
We went to our spot and after some romantic words, he proposed! I said YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: