Thursday, June 05, 2008

Life with the twins



Life is getting much easier with Kathryn and Bryce. I feel in control now and like I will actually survive. They are doing so well and they are 10 weeks now. They each weigh about 11 pounds.

We still don't sleep because between the two of them odds are that one of them will wake up. But, we can usually get a about a 4 hour stretch of sleep before one of them gets up. When one eats, I wake the other one up to eat to keep them on the same schedule.

I just love these two little babies so much that I can't contain myself. I just catch myself gazing at them all the time. I am so lucky to have them, plus they are such good babies. I love being a mom. I love watching Vicente as a Dad. He is super dad, I AM SO GLAD I MARRIED HIM. I was always grateful for him before we had the twins, but I must admit that I thank Heavenly Father for him many times a day. He does so much to help me. With twins I would describe it as being as busy as a single parent because we each have to take on a full time role without a break. I think God knew he could trust us with twins because he knew how helpful and great Vicente would be.
Here is a Video of Bryce with the hiccups:



Here are some somewhat recent pictures of them:




7 comments:

whitney said...

ahhh! sooo precious! i'm glad things are calming down for you and it's getting a little easier. hang in there!

Maria and Ross said...

Oh April, I am a terrible friend, I have not even talked to you since having these cute things. They are so darling and I am glad to hear things are going good. I will be there for almost three weeks in July, and for sure want to meet them. Can't wait.

Tara & Stephen said...

I am so glad you updated the blog They look so different. they are only 4 pounds lighter then Taryn.
You are such a good Mommy keep up the good work. Can't wait to see all you guys.
PS i think taryn still has a crush on Bryce

Sheena said...

April,
Your babies are so cute. I want to come see you sometime soon.
Take care,
Sheena

Burnett Family said...

HOW CUTE!!! Glad to hear you are getting 4 hours of sleep! That's still not enough for a mother of twins but it's a start!!

Okay Girl said...

April your babies are so beautiful. I need to come see them. Give me a call and maybe we could get together for lunch. And that sister of yours can some too.
Roni

electromdc said...

April, you have two very cute babies. I haven't heard from you since the mish. Did you meet your husband at the Y? I went to BYU-I after the mission. I am still going to school now, as well as working for intel. Where are you guys living now? still in Utah? I live in Portland metro area of OR. Congrats on the kids.