Thursday, February 07, 2008

Pregnancy Update - 28 weeks

Pregnancy has been really good to me so far. (Knock on wood). I am actually measuring full term now and I must admit that I am really lucky. No stretch marks, only threw up twice, nothing too emotional (birth control was worse!), no crazy aches and pains, and not nearly as tired as I thought I would be (mission tiredness was way worse!). Most importantly, the twins are looking healthy and good so far. I know that now I still have three months and I probably have the roughest part ahead of me, so I thought I would post while I still enjoy pregnancy. :) But, I always wanted to wait and see what I felt when I hit the "40 week" measurement. From here on out it is twin land and I have a feeling that I am going to get massive. My doctor told me to expect 20 to 30 more pounds. YIKES! I assume stretch marks are inevitable as well as aches and pains, but I thought I would celebrate everything up to this point.

I have gained 30 pounds so far! So weird.


I really want to post about my amazing husband, Vicente. He is the reason I have had a good experience so far in my pregnancy. He wants me to stay home and not work to take care of myself and the twins. The second I got pregnant with twins he told me to quit work and that he would handle everything. So, I have had the luxury of taking naps and moving at my own pace. He also helps around the house with anything I ask. He always wants to clean the kitchen after dinner and has just secretly done the laundry without my asking. He always asks me what I need and jumps up the second I mention it. He gives me massages all the time. He spoils me with little surprises and dates. He calls to check on me throughout the day. He talks to the twins and tells them what an awesome mom they have. He bends over anytime it is necessary. He helps me put on my nylons for church. He has even offered to sleep on the floor next to me so I can have the whole bed to myself (don't worry, I refuse!). On the weekends, when he is home in the morning, he brings me breakfast in bed. He tells me I am beautiful everyday. He literally treats me like a queen and he has made this whole pregnancy experience so fun and I cannot thank him enough. He is going to be the best dad because he already is the best husband. Everyday I think about how glad that I am that he is my husband. I don't know how I tricked him into marrying me, but I am glad I did whatever I did! I LOVE YOU! THANK YOU VICENTE!

10 comments:

Lacey.costner said...

awww yay for great husbands!!! Just tell him that he needs to stay this way AFTER the twins too!! lol You look so great!! I love you!! Thanks for coming by this week, it's nice to talk to an adult and not just a newborn..lol

Mike and Nicole said...

Ditto, you look great April! Thank goodness for husbands, they can really make life a lot easier.

Mike and Nicole said...

Ditto, you look great April! Thank goodness for husbands, they can really make life a lot easier.

L & M Rees Family said...

I have tagged you - go to my blog to find out what to do!

Emily said...

that is one hot mama! You are looking so good! I'm so glad that Vincente is taking such good care of you. Jon was so great during my pregnancy too! You just need to take care of yourself! :) Your babies are going to be so darling! I can't wait to see them!

Maria and Ross said...

Ok long lost friend. Looks like you are doing so great. And what a wonderful hubby you have, you deserve it all. I talked to my mom today and she said that she is going to your shower soon. I am so excited for you, this means you are going to be a mom so soon. What fun times you have coming. I really just need to call you, I would love to catch up. I think I saved your number. I think about you a lot and check your blog often, sorry I am so terrible at picking up the phone. Hope you have a fun shower, wish I could be there.

Nora said...

K I am coming to town soon. I want to see you, maybe do lunch. Let me know. norob1230@msn.com
You look amazing by the way!

Mother Goose said...

Congratulations! Keep enjoying pregnancy because you will be exhausted after they are born. You will also be so incrediably happy!

Ashlyn

Jaclyn said...

You look fabulous and your husband sounds so sweet! I can only imagine that carrying twins is rough, so you're lucky you don't have to work. Take care!

Heath and Jessica said...

How wonderful! I have always thought you & Vicente will make great parents! He has the heart of his mother! Hang in there, you look great!