Wednesday, April 09, 2008

The Twins are here!

The babies are here! Vicente and I never realized how much you could instantly love. We have the most adorable children and we are so grateful for these two amazing spirits.
Bryce is a fighter and he is working so hard to progress and he surprises all the doctors with his ability to do things for his age. He is silly and does little things that make us laugh all the time. He is in love with his sister and often just sits and stares at her and he cuddles with her as much as possible and it doesn’t bother him when she lays her arms across his face. He loves to kick and when he roots for food he shakes his head back and forth almost as if he is saying no.


Kathryn is a very independent person that is very content with her way of doing things. She is very sweet and easy going. I haven’t noticed her notice Bryce too much, but she definitely is willing to wait her turn when Bryce needs a little extra attention. She also surprises the doctors with her progress. She loves to stretch out and take as much space as possible, she also loves to rest her hands on her face. They are amazing!



Kathryn and Bryce arrived on March 29th at 11:08 am and 11:16 am. Kathryn weighed 5 lbs. 4 oz and Bryce weighed 4 lbs. 11 oz. They are both very small, but they are both very healthy. I went into labor when I was 35 weeks and 3 days, which makes them preemies (obviously), so they still are at the hospital learning how to be strong enough to eat on their own. Their cords are their feeding tubes, but, other than that, they don’t need any oxygen support or help maintaining their own heat. They actually didn’t even get jaundice.
Right now they are above their birth weights and gaining weight. Bryce hit a growth spurt and caught up to Kathryn fairly quickly, but now it looks like she is hitting hers as well. They are eating 4 times a day on their own (orally). So we eventually need to get them to the point that they can breast feed or bottle feed on demand for 8 times a day. Right now I go down to the hospital to feed them, but when they get to the eating on demand I will board in the hospital and go down to the nursery every time they are hungry.
The labor went well, I actually only pushed for like 20 minutes, and I was grateful to not have to have a c-section. I was also really lucky because my doctor wasn’t on call, but he still showed up to the birth. He told me that he would do what he could to make it, and it was so nice of him to spend Saturday and Friday with us when he didn’t have too.
Here are some pictures. They are cute. Also, you can go to http://www.hospitalportaits.com/ and type in either March 29th or Kathryn and Bryce and their professional photos will pop up.

Here is Kathryn with her arm on Bryce's face!
Here is Bryce cuddling with Kathryn. Bryce (left) Kathryn (right)

Close up of Kathryn, sorry it is sideways.

Close up of Bryce, sorry it is sideways.

The tiwns with their pasifiers.

Bryce having a rough moment!

15 comments:

BBC said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! The twins are so super cute! I love the arm over Bryce's face picture!!!!!!!

Marcie Tess said...

They truely are perfect. I think you described their personalities perfectly. Kathryn reminds me of a sweet little princess. She is always so kind and at ease. She is BEAUTIFUL!!! Bryce is determind and fun. You can't help but laugh at his personality already. I can't wait to watch their personalities evolve even more. You guys are great parents!
Love,
Auntie

Mike and Nicole said...

Congratulations you guys, they are perfect and gorgeous! I've been so excited to see pictures, I've been checking ever since Vicente emailed us. I can't get over how adorable they are. I'm so glad everything went so well and that they are progressing so fast. We can't wait to come visit. Thanks for posting the pictures. Good luck with everything and enjoy every minute! Cute cute cute!

Emily said...

They are amazing! Congratulations April and Vicente! I'm so excited for you. They are just perfect, I can't stop looking at their pictures. I'm so glad your labor went well and that they are healthy!

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! How exciting. You're babies are adorable! You are a trouper - two babies and only 20 minutes of pushing. Wow.

Haylee Mecham said...

They are very cute!! Congratulations! I am so glad everything went well for you!

Heath and Jessica said...

How beautiful! We were so excited when we heard you had them, & that they were doing well! Hopefully we will be able to come down & see you all this summer! My parents also send their congrats!

Gardner Grafix said...

Congratulations!!! They are precious and adorable. Learn all you can from the Nurses in the NICU they are fabulous and it will help you later on I promise!! Congrats again and you will be fabulous parents.

Lacey.costner said...

yeah for babies!! You did such a great job and really call me when you need some help!! Super cute babies!!

Camille said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That is so exciting. Sounds like you did awesome in the delivery room. Twins-that is just incredible. I'm so glad they're doing so well. They are just perfect.

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

They are so beautiful! Congrats! We are so happy for you. I loved reading about their little personalities. I hope you are doing well and feeling good. I love the names! I seriously can't believe you have twins. What little miracles!

I know you are super busy, but we are going private, so if you get a chance to leave your email on our blog that would be great! Good Luck!!!!

whitney said...

ahhhh!! totally exciting!! congrats !! they are so darling. i'm glad they are doing so well. april, you're a lucky girl that you only had to push for 20 minutes... you rock!

Kelly said...

yeah! I'm so glad they're here! I've been waiting! Congrats!

Burnett Family said...

They are so precious! I am so excited for you! Kathryn has such a sweet little face and Bryce just looks so BOY. I love it. Congratulations. Now try and get some rest!

Cormorant said...

Congrats! They are so adorable! And it's great that you didn't have to have a C-section! It's fun to hear about their unique personalities; and they look similar, but definitely have different characteristics. I also felt an overwhelming amount of instant love for Ava when she was born. It's amazing, isn't it?